Testing / certifications in accordance with
replaces Directive 94/9/EC on the 20/04/2016
recognition of tests / certification by the U.S. Coast Guard
The IBExU Institut für Sicherheitstechnik GmbH, IBExU for short, is a technical engineering service company in the field of explosion protection with a tradition going back to 1928.
Today, IBExU is
- An European notified body in accordance with Directive 2014/34/EU
- An accredited test laboratory and accredited certification centre for the testing / certification of equipment, protective systems and components intended for use in potentially explosive ares in addition to safety, control and control gears for use outside of potentially explosive ares in accordance with Directive 2014/34/EU
* The accreditations apply to the test procedures and areas specified in the certificate enclosures.
- A recognised ExTL (IECEx Test Laboratory) and recognised ExCB (IECEx Certification Body) in the field of the Certified Equipment Scheme in accordance with the IECEx Scheme for the testing / certification of equipment, protective systems and components intended for use in potentially explosive ares
- A recognised independent laboratory of the U.S. Coast Guard for the testing / certification of electrical equipment / components intended for use in potentially explosive ares
- A company certified to ISO 9001
- An Affiliate Institute of the TU Bergakademie Freiberg
Reduction of our service area – Directive 2014/90/EU (MED)23/08/2023
Due to the low requests for services in the field of marine equipment, we have decided to quit all activities in the service area of… Read more…
Expansion of our scope of services – Directive 2014/90/EU (MED – Marine Equipment Directive)02/07/2021
We are pleased to inform you that with the certificate issued on 6 April 2021 by the Bundesamt für Seeschifffahrt und Hydrographie (BSH) (Federal Maritime… Read more…